Adjusting Screen Size for Mac Store App

web2mobiledesignersweb2mobiledesigners Member Posts: 18
Is there any way to change the screen size to something other than "MacBook" (1280x800) when creating an app for the Mac App Store? I understand that you can use the iPad versions or even the iPhone, but is there a way to specify the dimensions myself?

I've created an iPad app (in portrait view) and have adjusted it to fit into the MacBook size, but I have large, unused spaces at the left and right sides. I know I can put extended background images in, but is there any other way to deal with this?

Thanks,
W2MD

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Like that one TSB!

also think you can select any platform target and then when you Publish to GS select the Mac ...

IMO the platform target just puts the correct Display Size in the Scene Attributes...and does not particularly reference the type of device...

not at home so can not check... though I remember doing some experimentation a couple months ago...

MH
  • web2mobiledesignersweb2mobiledesigners Member Posts: 18
    MotherHoose: I've tried that, but when I take and iPad app and publish it for Macintosh it ends up being 1024 tall, which is taller than even the giant monitor I'm working on right now!

TShirtBooth: I just tried that and it didn't work for me. I could be doing something wrong. All I did was change the camera size, but it cut off one end and then actually stretched the rest horizontally. Is there something I'm leaving out??

Thanks again guys,
    W2MD
    see the problem...@web2...I had used the Landscape orientation....so I didn't see that...

think GS might give us more options???

never tried going Inspector...Scene and changing the scene size to smaller... but mayhap the minimum is based on Display Size...

maybe just leaving the display/screen size alone...and designing layout with a black border around it?
    pick the look you like and set that as your background size...??? sorta everything in the frame...

MH
  • web2mobiledesignersweb2mobiledesigners Member Posts: 18
    No, if I change the camera size it stretches things to be 1280 x 800, and if I change the scene it get's even weirder and just cuts things off... if I do both it cuts the scene to a small section and then stretches it farther.

I think I'm stuck with either black boxes or extended background images in the left and right areas. Unless there's any other ideas out there.
    well...I am intrigued and puzzled by your problem... think I might have the same troubles soon...so I will play around with this when I get home tomorrow...

MH