Need help installing GameSalad Viewer

beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

Im struggling to install the game salad viewer, i have managed to build a developer app and sync it to my phone but cant figure out how to install the game salad viewer. I have followed a few guides but get stuck at the same point. I open the xcode project, go to targets - gamesalad viewer - get info - any iphone OS Device - iphone developer (no profiles match). Im not sure how i make the profiles match. Desperately need help, thanks.

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Have you gone through apple's steps to adding a developer profile yet?

When you log into the developer portal on apple's website, it walks you through getting programs to test on your phone. Once you do that, running the viewer is a cinch.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    hi eastbound. thanks for trying to help, this is sooo frustrating. i just used the wizard and when i try to build and run the gs viewer xcodeproj it says build failed with 1 error - Code Sign error: a valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer' could not be found
    im really stuck here. If i look in xcode at my device summary it says i have 3 provisioning files, all ones i've created trying to get this sorted.
    Hmm, and yeah I know how frustrating it can be trying to sort this stuff out.

I don't think the error it is giving you is your actual problem, however, because that is the same identifier as when I run it.

Are you able to display any xcode projects on your device? Try an apple example.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    in the gamesalad viewer xcode project locate the file info.plist

then change the bundle identifier to your provisioning profile that you created at the apple site
    guys thanks so much for the help, scitunes i renamed that bundle identifier and it seems to work except i now get a cant install message - The Info.plist for application at /Users/macbook/Downloads/GameSaladViewer-0-1.6.1/build/Release-iphoneos/GameSalad Viewer.app specifies a minimum OS version of 3.1, which is too high to be installed on iPhone.
    Is this to do with the fact my iphone 3gs is still running on os3.0? Do i have to upgrade, my phone is jailbroken and i havent kept up with the loop on whether and what to upgrade and do. thanks again
    Yes, you'll need to update.
    whooo. updated and now have gs viewer on my iphone, thanks all, 1 last prob, within gs i dont have the option to preview to iphone. i have web preview and publish, just no iphone preview :(
    got it guys, thought that button should always be showing, didnt realise it only appeared when the phone was running the viewer, amazing, thanks for all your help
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Enjoy!

That part about the plist really ought to be in the wiki
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've updated the wiki to reflect that.