GarageBand available for iPad !!

Comments

• VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Not on my iPad now, how do you like it? (if u have it)
    ~CTM
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    I think I will be getting this app for my iPad to do, or at least attempt, to create music for my apps. I watched the press conference Steve Jobs did on the iPad 2 and GarageBand looks GREAT! Definitely worth the price. Has anyone already bought it?

- Alex
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    Meh, Garageband is overrated in my opinion! Way to simple to make great pieces of music though I know some people do manage it somehow! On ipad it may be better as it is portable and easy to get ideas down. May consider getting now...
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Garageband is a must in my opinion, especially for what we do. If you get all the jam packs, it is an incredible tool. I have been using it for almost 10 years, ever since the day it came out, and have done numerous T.V./Radio commercials with it. I even scored the music for 3 surfing documentaries with it. If you have the keyboard, the possibilities are endless. And I use it for everyday jamming on guitar. Like these 2 here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlickZero
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    I probably will be getting this for my IPAD 2! lol. But yah, I love the recording feature so on the go I can plug my guitar in, record, put some effects, and share it!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Great playing there Slick :)

Anyone with an iPad has to get GarageBand, it looked from the event like they have really broken some new ground with this - I am saving it for a fresh day tomorrow ! (that and upgrading to 4.3 after taking some benchmarks)

At least we got GarageBand, I was pretty pissed at iMovie not being for iPad but thats Apple for ya.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Rob2 said:

Anyone with an iPad has to get GarageBand, it looked from the event like they have really broken some new ground with this - I am saving it for a fresh day tomorrow ! (that and upgrading to 4.3 after taking some benchmarks)

At least we got GarageBand, I was pretty pissed at iMovie not being for iPad but thats Apple for ya.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193?mt=8

;)
    ;( iPad2
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Rob2 said:
    ;( iPad2

ahh didnt relize that at first, sorry mate :(
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    i love and use GB everyday. i hope this isnt a crippled versions. the conference demo was awesome tho
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    I'm getting it. I just hope there is a Logic version coming soon...
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    looks like there might be hope for iMovie on iPad v1:

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/10/installing-imovie-on-the-original-ipad/
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I downloaded GB for ipad this morning after waking up early. Not quite managed 'All along the watch tower' guitar solo but it still sound better than I can manage on a real guitar or even with Guitar Hero, and it is amazing fun. For the equivalent of 5 bucks...

It could be a quite an incentive for many to buy and a bit of platform maker for Apple. I do hope Imovie come to Ipad but I am not holding my breathe after looking on the Apple site and seeing itouch4 and Ipad 2 but no ipad 1 mentioned. It would be cool to have better Photoshop option on ipad and think it might well come but memory and processor speed will limit image sizes and layers.

SO the first man to put up a performance of Watch Tower on ipad on youtube will have me on my knee intoning 'we are not worthy....'

It's fab.

kipper
    @John all good appologs not required :) @Simo cheers...it was bound to get sorted pretty fast I guess lets hope Apple see the light on this like they did with the lock switch.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Rob2 said:

Thank you, kindly. You can create any guitar players sound with all the amp combinations and effects. I can't express enough how useful it is for making soundtracks and sound effects for my games, and it's only $15 now on the iPad. Jam Packs are $99 a piece though, but they expand the capabilities tremendously. It's been a $500 investment for me overall, and worth every penny.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Ordered my ipad and one of the first apps I will get it garageband. I have had a 25$ itunes card and have been saving it all week. So I can't wait.
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    I just downloaded it on my first gen iPad. It's really good! I like the smart instruments. Apple did great with this one.
    ~CTM