review and experience with TSB CTR menu template

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I Just wanted to write a little review to give insight to anyone who was thinking of purchasing any template. With that said here we go.

I have never really been a huge fan on the idea of selling templates. This was in fact my first template purchase and I have to say I am quite pleased with the results. After about 1-2 hours of messing around with the template I was able to figure out its core functions and what made it tick. After another 1-2 hours of adding my own art and changing some functionality of the template I would say I am about 80% complete with the level select for my game.

I know that if I were to try and build this from the ground up who knows how long it would have taken me. In my opinion if you are thinking about buying a template I would highly recommend you do so. it helps cut down development time and gets you closer to your goal in breakneck speed.

I also want to point out that when I received the template in my inbox there were some issues. I cant explain easily over text, but the functionality of the "snap to center" just was not right. I quickly sent TSB an email and asked if he knew what was wrong. Within hours I received a reply and a new version of the template which was working perfectly.

HUGE thanks to TSB for helping me with this. Honestly when I found the issue with the original I had a feeling in my gut of buyers remorse. I know that there are some people out there with the mindset buy at your own risk and would not have done anything to fix the issue.

With all this good I must add a tiny bit of bad.
I for one thought the template was a little cluttered. There were images not being used as well as actors. I have not even gone through the attributes yet to see if I can clear any unused out, but i'm sure there will be a few. I feel that this lowers the professional quality a bit.

After all that is said I still highly recommend this template to anyone. I would grade it an A

Thanks TSB.