16x16 resolution graphics?

idoistuffidoistuff Member Posts: 197
is it possible to make 16x16 and 16DPI images, then expanding them to 160x160 without making it blurry but keeping the pixelated look?

or better yet is it possible to make an image say.. 200x100 and have it only 16 pixels across and 8 high? so its very pixelated too.

I want to make larger images, but make them really pixelated, thats what I am getting at..

Comments

• FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    Ugh, I hate it when softwares not affiliated with printing messes around with DPI. Or if this is something iOS-wide perhaps. In any way, it's totally unnecessary.

Anyhow, you could always resize your graphics in another software, like Photoshop or similar, and don't use any filtering (in Photoshop, uncheck "Resample Image" when changing the image size).

It's not ideal, since it will take more memory, but it's the only option right now I'm afraid.
  • mattyr64mattyr64 Member Posts: 82
    just draw the graphics with it in mind that you want it to look pixelated. so instead of using one pixel per dot, just use a square of 4 (2*2), 9 (3*3), 16 (4*4) etc etc...
  • idoistuffidoistuff Member Posts: 197
    mattyr64 said:
    just draw the graphics with it in mind that you want it to look pixelated. so instead of using one pixel per dot, just use a square of 4 (2*2), 9 (3*3), 16 (4*4) etc etc...

yea but at 72dpi that will take FOR-FREAKING-EVER!
  • mattyr64mattyr64 Member Posts: 82
    well it depends on whether you are drawing the graphics in the first place or resizing. for resizing i'd go with resize in photoshop, keep resample image checked, but make sure to set it to 'nearest neighbour' rather than 'bicubic' - should give you crisp areas still.
  • FjantIncFjantInc Member Posts: 115
    Doh, of course. My bad. I meant nearest neighbour in my post. Don't know what I was thinking =) I blame it on the Mondays.