Changing Graphics

bobskeldonbobskeldon Member Posts: 3
Hi,

Extremely new so be GENTLE!!! I am a designer with no knowledge or experience in programming etc
I have searched the forum but can't find an answer.

I am a designer with no knowledge or experience in programming etc I would like to swap images/background in a GS template. No change in image dimensions, all images named exactly the same, functionality the same etc.Basically I want the app to do exactly as it does just now but look different! Is this easy and if so can someone please tell me just how easy it is. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Very easy, open the project in gamesalad and then save with a new name to your desktop or anywhere.

Right click (or ctrl click) on the new project file select show package contents and navigate to the images folder, there you will see all the images used in the project so you must simply replace those with images of your own making with exactly the same dimensions and names. (Make sure you use similar alpha masks if they are used if you want to get the same effects)
  • bobskeldonbobskeldon Member Posts: 3
    GsLover said:
    Alright, you can certianly do that,

Look on the marketplace section and people are selling templates to whoever is interested

You have to pay $ but you can also ask them if they want to trade (You never know)

Also

Look on youtube there are lots of tutorials.

Last but not least:

WELCOME TO GAMESALAD!

Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Definitely out my comfort zone here! I have a template already.
  • bobskeldonbobskeldon Member Posts: 3
    Hi Rob2

Thanks for this, very helpful. All of a sudden I feel incredibly de-skilled!
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I'm willing to exchange skills, come on Skype sometime
    ozboybrian is my skype name to.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Join the GameSalad Community and have your game noticed for free.
    http://www.facebook.com/ListYourTopiPhoneGame
    List your Top iPhone Game on FaceBook!