Computer Freezes

Mr.pHMr.pH Member Posts: 26
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I tried this software when I first downloaded it and I loved it. So I tried it again and my computer keeps freezing. I will try to run a game and it will freeze and I'll get the kernal panic. For those who don't know who that is.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_panic

It is a brand new iMac desktop computer so I doubt it is the hardware, has anyone else has this problem or is it just me.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Any other details about what you were doing at the time? Was it working fine on that machine then all of a sudden stopped working? Did you install something that may have caused the issue? What are your system specifications?

If you create a new project does everything work fine?
  • Mr.pHMr.pH Member Posts: 26
    While I ran this program there were no other programs. When I use one of the templates it freezes when I try to preview it. I press the preview button and it loads up and runs fine but when I press any button that relates to the game, it freezes. The system I am running is a iMac. I t has a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of ram. The graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. If there is anything else feel free to ask.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling game salad?? I find that works wonders on alot of things.
    Yep.....same result
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    What's your OS level?
    Mac OS 10.5.6
  • ShanestaShanesta Member Posts: 63
    Are you working with graphics? My GameSalad started crashing when I imported graphic that were not exactly 72 dpi, Photoshop for PC was saving them as 72.009 dpi, even though I told it 72. GameSalad seems to not like this.
    I haven't done any of my own work....this is the sample problems that come with the program