Dont stop the music

FloridaGamesFloridaGames Member Posts: 328
Im trying to put background music in my game, but if i put in just the first scene, it stops when i go to another scene, if i put it in all the scenes then it starts over when i change scences. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    It shouldn't stop unless in your change scene rules you have something stoping it. The only thing that will kill the music is a stop music behavior or a scene reset (which honestly I would like to see them do away with the scene reset.)
  • FloridaGamesFloridaGames Member Posts: 328
    to test your theory, i created a completely blank scene then changed from the scene with music to the blank one, and it still stopped the music. I have the music on loop and run to completion if that has anything to do with it.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Try unchecking Run to Completion. Just a thought.

- Alex
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    try putting in "play music" behavior and then in the tab use the "if music is playing, continue playing" or w/e it say.s i forget. put that on the new scene

also make sure u don't have another sound imported as MUSIC cause it will replace the current MUSIC sound playing.....
    You are using play sound. You need play music. Two different behaviors. I just check and the only option in play music is loop. So if you have all of the pitch options and run to completion stuff you are using play sound.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I know it sounds weird and you did a blank scene, but in all honesty it should really keep playing unless you created something to stop it.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Join the GameSalad Community and have your game noticed for free.
    http://www.facebook.com/ListYourTopiPhoneGame
    List your Top iPhone Game on FaceBook!
    ozboybrian said:
    I know it sounds weird and you did a blank scene, but in all honesty it should really keep playing unless you created something to stop it.

He's using the wrong behavior.
    Ok thanks tendrmer, but when i import the new song, it doesnt ask me to import as sound or music it just imports as a sound, its an ogg, is that a problem?
    Why file type are you importing It should give you an option for each file you drop in. I think ogg will still work but I would import as an mp3 and it should give the option to use as music or sound
    how would i change it to an mp3?
    nvm, i changed it in audiocity, everything is working fine now, thanks for everything
    I use Audacity For most audio Stuff. Its free too.
    No Problem.
    LOL I was going to tell you to use audacity but never hit Send. I guess you already got it.