Actor depth?

ZourathZourath Member Posts: 16
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Okay, so I have some actors which are supposed to behave like part of the background. Problem is because they are created in-scene, they always overlap above the player actor. Is there some way to set an actor depth so that this doesn't happen? If not, could it be added?

Comments

• julesventurinijulesventurini Member Posts: 10
    Right click ----> Send to back. BTW right click on Mac is Control+Click.
  • ZourathZourath Member Posts: 16
    Doesn't work. As I stated, they are generated in-scene. Can't right-click something that doesn't exist in the scene editor. That does help with the actor that spawns them though, so thanks for that.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Please check with our wiki on layers to know more about bringing actors to the front or to the back. http://gamesalad.com/wiki/scene_layers

Although this will not solve the issue with spawned actors, it has been brought to our attention to add this feature.
  • ZourathZourath Member Posts: 16
    Actually, That did partially solve the spawned actor problem, thanks! Apparently the spawned actors are always at the top of the layer of the actor that spawned them, so I just had to make a layer under everything else, and put the generator actor there. I say partially because it doesn't work if the actor that spawns them is supposed to be above the spawned actors, so setting spawned actor depth would still be a useful feature.