You spoke and I listened. (images inside)

BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
About a week ago a posted an image of my next games character and asked for your opinions. I got a lot of feed back and took it all back into the lab to see what I could come up with. Below is the result.

On the left is my original character design that I asked you guys to dissect and on the right is what he evolved into after reading all your comments. What do you think? I personally think it's a huge improvement and would be curious to see if he could get any better. Please leave a comment telling me what I should add/remove/change. Thanks! =)

Comments

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Looks great matey, looks fun to play

Ace
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    mynameisace said:
    Looks great matey, looks fun to play

Ace

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I've literally been spending 24/7 working out every detail with hopes that it will end up being top 5 material. I've been having the time of my life designing these apps and I wouldn't mind making a few million dollars a long the way. I like to dream big. ;)
    You're preaching to another big dreamer haha.

Would love to see some footage of the game sometime.

Ace
    mynameisace said:
    You're preaching to another big dreamer haha.

Would love to see some footage of the game sometime.

Ace

Good luck, I'll be looking forward to reading about your success soon. =)

I'll be posting a video in a week or two so that I can get some feed back on the gameplay. I just need to work on a few of it's aspects and some animations first.
  • AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    I like the new version coz the proportion of the eyes to the body looks better. good luck with your project.
    drahc said:
    I like the new version coz the proportion of the eyes to the body looks better. good luck with your project.

And as my little brother also pointed out "Now he doesn't look like a cupcake". lol

Thanks and best of luck to you too.
    Anyone else want to share their opinion? I'm pretty much looking for any sort of advice on the visual path I should take.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    I like the before image, but it might be to close to the cut the rope alien.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    Both look like really fun graphics--makes me want to play the game!

I personally like the first...
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    I think both graphics as a animation would be nice as well. Like a lil dance when he accomplishes something.

Heres an example animation of my characters jumping/swimming. I still need to add some shading to his legs.

What do you think?
    Will be great after shadows buddy... I would watermark your images... There are a few scalliwags knocking about ;)

Ace
    mynameisace said:
    Will be great after shadows buddy... I would watermark your images... There are a few scalliwags knocking about ;)

Ace

Thanks, I'll go quickly watermark it then put it back up. =S
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I think maybe you should change the belly tone/colour a bit. It's great all the same : )

-----------------------------------------------------
    Join the GameSalad Community and have your game noticed for free.
    http://www.facebook.com/ListYourTopiPhoneGame
    List your Top iPhone Game on FaceBook!
    ozboybrian said:
    I think maybe you should change the belly tone/colour a bit. It's great all the same : )

This is just the default frog. I have a few other "fancy" frogs that have spots and different coloured bodies. They will be unlockable so I didn't want to post them. ;)