.app versus xcode extension

jrhenryjrhenry Member Posts: 5
Hello,
I am preparing my app for submission. I published my game to the gamesalad website and received a .app file which works great on my ipod touch. The problem is, I never got a file that I can open in xcode (which I need to "verify successful distribution build"). Relatedly, am I supposed to be zipping and uploading the .app or a xcode file? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    you need to zip the .app file. You need to make sure that you create a distribution certificate and not development on the apple dev site and then build the game on the distribution certificate via gamesald, thats the file you then zip. i was getting invalid binary error before when i was trying, i then realised i was trying to submit the 'developers' build and not a build for distribution. I had to create a new app id, then create the distribution certificate, map that to the new app id i had just created, downloaded the mobileprovision file, publish the game to iphone on gamesalad using that mobileprovision file, zip the .app and upload. Hope that helps.
  • jrhenryjrhenry Member Posts: 5
    thanks for the reply, I will give that a shot. Will I ever get a file I can open in xcode?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    i dont think you can open the file in xcode to be honest, i think you may of been able to, but a recent update made it easier for the masses but took away this feature. Dont quote me on that though, i think i read it somewhere