Macworld 2010 GS challenge

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
edited November -1 in Introductions
I was reading through the rule of the Macworld 2010 GS challenge and came across number 6 which reads

By submitting, the entrant authorizes Gendai Games Inc. the use of each submission on an unrestricted basis for any purpose, and you hereby grant to Gendai Games Inc. a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid up, royalty-free, sublicensable (with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers of licensees) license (in any media, whether known or not currently known and invented) to link to, use, reproduce, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, publicly display and publicly perform the entry, or any portion thereof, without notice, payment or attribution (unless expressly specified by you during the submission process as further described below) of any kind to you or any third party.

this gives me an uneasy feeling about the whole thing. So basically by entering your game you give GS all rights to market reproduce and claim profit for you game?

but then I read the last part in parenthesis

"(unless expressly specified by you during the submission process as further described below)"

So if I tell them when I enter my game that I do not want them to have all of the rights to my game that are mentioned they will not have them?

I have been working on a game for quite some time now and feel that it is coming together quite well. I feel like this challenge has come just in time for my game, but I do not want to give GS all the mentioned rights to my game and I want to get it cleared up before I decide to enter.

(I'm actually fine with them having that kind of control over my game its the "without notice, payment or attribution" clause that I do not agree with).

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    There not gonna take credit for your game, just a consent to use it to help promote gs as a viable program to use for app creation, you get all royalties and such.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Can we publish to the app store simultaneously while submitting to the contest? Or can the game only be for the contest, and then you submit to app store?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Anybody try to submit a game yet? I just tried and it kept crashing my safari
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067
    Yes, the intent is not to steal your games, but give us the rights necessary to promote ourselves and your game.

As for game submission, there was a problem with some last minute changes that should be fixed now... sorry for the false start....

Start your game engines... again...!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Can the game we submit for the contest be in the app store already? Or can we submit to app store simultaneously while submitting to the contest?
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    @Butterbean. Only new games posted during the Challenge period will be eligible. You can indeed publish your game once it's submitted.

http://gamesalad.com/macworld/faq