10 Free Ways to Market Your App!

XpandemicXpandemic Member Posts: 157
Cool new article on how to market your app http://mobile.tutsplus.com/articles/marketing/10-free-ways-to-market-your-app/

How do you guys market your app?

Comments

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Wow, Can you use SoundStage With an iPhone connected to your Mac or it just record from Simulator?

Cheers.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Good find man. I havent thought of a couple of those steps.
  • jpmurphjpmurph Member Posts: 62
    MagoNicolas said:
    Wow, Can you use SoundStage With an iPhone connected to your Mac or it just record from Simulator?

Cheers.

Run GS viewer in xcode and change from release to simulator. I used soundstage to record a demo yesterday, its freaking sweet! I plan on posting a tutorial soon...
  • XpandemicXpandemic Member Posts: 157
    jpmurph said:
    Run GS viewer in xcode and change from release to simulator. I used soundstage to record a demo yesterday, its freaking sweet! I plan on posting a tutorial soon...

Awesome thanks! SoundStage does look amazing
  • anithmukanithmuk Member Posts: 235
    Great find, thanks!
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    awesome

Calvin
  • jpmurphjpmurph Member Posts: 62
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I don't think hitting the streets is such a good idea.

As an example, I live in NYC. I could easily see thousand of people at the Staten Island Ferry. I could stand out there and hand out 50 promo codes in like 10 minutes.

Although, I can imagine some of the responses...

"Do you have this for Android"
    "Can you tell me how to get to midtown?"
    "Oh, I don't have an iPhone"

So, I'd have to print out fliers. That's expensive. It's also a waste of time. Instead of spending $100 on fliers, I could reach about 1000 people online with online advertising.

Even just posting in the various gaming forums I can reach a more targeted audience. I like the idea of hitting the streets, but this is a different business.

The best marketing... BUILD A GREAT GAME!
  • apps4everyoneapps4everyone Member Posts: 103
    If I'm honest, I wasn't very impressed with the article.

As I've allude to in other topics (especially http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=19652), a lot of marketing advice seems to have no substance or data to back it up. It's just the same old marketing strategies with <product name> replaced with 'app', and I think the app market is so different, it needs a new way of marketing thinking.
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Great find
  • wsdomainwsdomain Member Posts: 35
    Nice thanks for the share. I totally agree, social media sites like facebook, twitter is great way to have direct promotion on your apps.