Game size

jeffcollinsjeffcollins Member Posts: 13
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I noticed that flutterby takes a while to get going, has this been everyones experience? The file size isn't that big but seems to take longer to load than apps of similar size.

Also, game salad automatically creating screen grabs adds to the unnecessary game fat, of course you can delete these grabs by opening the screenshots folder, but gs just recreates them again when you open your project, would part of the porting to an app involve getting rid of all this fat or can you switch off the need for grabs altogether.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    We will be improving on the load time before launch.

You bring up a good point about the extra weight. Those images are not included in the app that is sent to the store. But it does give an inaccurate count on how big your project is. We'll be fixing that too.
  • Vanny_ArtsVanny_Arts Member Posts: 16
    Yes,,, I do have the same problem too with my game. My game weight is 759kb. It takes long time to load specially when I add more codes(LOL I don't even have too many codes;just walk,jump and shoot) witch it makes no sense, So.. I have to reset or quit the engine in order to work in my game. It also quits on me,too often; and freezes in the stage editor and in the web preview. Getting tired of it. But I don't see why this is happening when my game is only 759kb LOL not 10mbs witch is the limit.
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    I have a game where the .APP file is 2.6 MB, and the gamesalad splash screen and my intro screens load quickly enough, but the main scene takes 15 seconds to load, on my iPhone 3GS.

Has there been some progress on the load time improving in the six months since you mentioned that?