sent game for review and got "gamesalad does not do anything new"

Mcreator83Mcreator83 Member Posts: 120
have you guys ever got that before? well it is not the only reason but one of.

"I downloaded your game, I can tell you that the game is good. However we would be unable to review it at this time for a couple of reasons, one being that we have quite a backlog of other apps to review, we try to review apps than games and we review games that have something special about them. GameSalad does not really provide anything new or special. So while your game is good, I am sorry we would not be able to review it at this time.

cheers"

who cares what program you used is what i am wondering?!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • Mcreator83Mcreator83 Member Posts: 120
    how when they buy the game and it says Hungry worms :)
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    I agree, it sounds like the were under the impression that your game was called GameSalad. It's the first splash screen they see, and I'm sure they didn't go too far into your game to figure out it's called something else. Or it was just a typo when they meant to say the name of your game but instead wrote GameSalad.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Email him back and ask. it kinda sounds like it could be taken either way. Just ask him "to clarify what he means cause Game Salad is not the name of the game. So is he passing because it was made with Game Salad or was the name just a mistake" be sure to not sound pissed just that his opinion is important to you.
    i sent him an email and asked if he meant my game or because it was made by gamesalad.

but seriously since when did a game not get reviewed because it did not have anything new?

be honest now does the game look crap? some really bad games out there get reviewed anyway so i don't get it =/

• DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Screw em, and move on to the next site. Also, just another reason to get the pro version. I hate this sort of discriminatory nonsense.

Must. Find. $500.
    Also, "made by GameSalad" does he reckon that GS is the developer of all these games? Surely not....................right?
    seriously if he thinks that all games done with Gamesalad are done by Gamesalad team then something is wrong with him as an app reviewer should easily know that the game is made by Graphica Games that is what it says under the icon :P

anyway if anybody wants to try them out here is a link http://reviewme.oz-apps.com/

if you do plz post hear and tell us what happens
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    take a look around their site. half the Essentials list are Corona SDK related. its prob run by a corona Dev and they are just being asses. Move on and let it go.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    tenrdrmer said:
    take a look around their site. half the Essentials list are Corona SDK related. its prob run by a corona Dev and they are just being asses. Move on and let it go.

I had a quick look - it's not particularly well written - there are better places you could focus on to send codes too.

I'd recommend arcadelife.co.uk - the guy there definitely knows his stuff!

Good luck,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

That site also has like no traffic whatsoever. Certainly not enough to worry about whether or not he reviews your game or not.

Oz-apps.com's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 3,301,287.
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/oz-apps.com#

That translates to about... a couple hundred people visiting that site every month... and that might be generous.
    thanks guys

I am new too this so plus it is my first game ever..

anyway thanks for the site links :)
  • apps4everyoneapps4everyone Member Posts: 103
    I haven't managed to get any review site to review either of my apps. The only responses I have received are automated emails explaining how busy they are, but with details of their prices for 'expedited reviews' and advertising.

I've submitted to most of the top review sites (when I say top, I mean the ones that app bloggers say are the best ones).

I'll try QS's tip for arcadelife.co.uk though. Anyone else recommend anywhere else?

just got a reply by him and this is what he said

"Your game is limited by GameSalad as GameSalad templates allow you only what they are meant to do. Where as developers push the language or technology to get something out of it. So if you start exploring other *development* options, maybe your talent could find some outlet.

All the best in your future endeavours."

lol i mean if i used corona (which i have btw hmm i need to learn i guess) to do the exact same game then it would be ok :P

i know i have let it go but just wanted too share this anyway
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Mcreator83 said:

"Your game is limited by GameSalad as GameSalad templates allow you only what they are meant to do. Where as developers push the language or technology to get something out of it. So if you start exploring other *development* options, maybe your talent could find some outlet.

lol i mean if i used corona (which i have btw hmm i need to learn i guess) to do the exact same game then it would be ok :P

ya some people just doesn't like GS games
    also, even you take out the splash screen , they still know is a GS game
  • touchtentouchten Member Posts: 96
    Mcreator83 said:

Wow that is discriminatory and should be punishable by LAW!

half joking half serious..

I bet he/she Loves corona too much, or are involved in the company or something like that..

that is outrage BS and I bet everyone here agrees.

Move on son, find a better review site!

cheers
    Anton
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    apps4everyone said:

I'll try QS's tip for arcadelife.co.uk though. Anyone else recommend anywhere else?

I don't know any reviewers but have been trawling the net to make a big list of game sites with email contatcs. Still working on it but PM me with your email and if you want to view or add to it (it's an online google doc)
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    calvin9403 said:
    ya some people just doesn't like GS games
    also, even you take out the splash screen , they still know is a GS game

What? How? A well coded game is GS does not differentiate from any other SDK or programming language. The loading circle is a standard iOS load wheel. There is NO way to tell.

Ace
    mynameisace said:
    What? How? A well coded game is GS does not differentiate from any other SDK or programming language. The loading circle is a standard iOS load wheel. There is NO way to tell.

Ace

You can tell when they use a template, but that's about it.

If you make completely original game, yea it would be hard to tell when it is or isn't GS.