Sales - Paid Application

DGAppDGApp Member Posts: 25
I would like to hear from you how much sales do you get per day.

And one question:

Did you get higher sales...lets say 2-3 years ago?
Did you noticed any differents between then and now?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Hi BCG,

try using the search function, this has been discussed in countless threads over the past 2 years. I think there was even a discussion last week about it.

average sales on this forum go from 0-300 with some extreme cases of even higher when featured. sales have consistently been the same over the past 2 years. GameSalad was not around in the real early beginning when competition was small.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    jon jon..... The GS Forum hall monitor........dont be that guy..... Gives you a wedgy and runs down the hall. With no hall pass might I say. HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    tshirtbooth said:
    Ya Jon, You are to hard on these people. Relax a little and enjoy the forums. This is a place to come and ask questions. People need to feel they can do so without getting blasted for it.

Anyways RCG it all depends on your games. I do 100-150 bucks a day with my games. But there are people here that do better and there are people here that do a lot worse.

cheers

_________________________________________________________________________________

NEED HELP WITH YOUR PROJECTS? CLICK HERE

5 Core controles Template
    Hit The Balls Template
    Rotating Menu VERY COOL Template
    STAR SMASHER Template
    Cut the Rope Style menu Template
    NEW Menu System #3 Template
    Missile Command Template
    Tiki Totem style template
    Labyrinth Template

+1
    if that is the case, this forum will be useless
    i don't think I'm being hard on people at all. I'm just asking that people search first. it's not an unusual request. Sometimes my posts are a little short, but that's just because I'm posting from my phone.

but it does get tiring seeing the same questions asked every single day.
    Jeffnichols said:
    jon jon..... The GS Forum hall monitor........dont be that guy..... Gives you a wedgy and runs down the hall. With no hall pass might I say. HAHAHAHAHAHA

i know, but it's what I was asked to do. sous chefs are part beta testers, part moderators. very few of us do both jobs.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    jonmulcahy said:
    i know, but it's what I was asked to do. sous chefs are part beta testers, part moderators. very few of us do both jobs.

+1

I feel ya jon. Im glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I personally think this forum sucks when I log on and see the same questions that were asked yesterday as brand new posts. I would rather keep discussing the same couple issues from the day before than answer the same questions over and over.

and honestly you can tell who has searched and who hasn't cause the very first line is. "I tried search but the search completely sucks" I can at least have sympathy for those people cause they are right.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
    tenrdrmer said:
    +1

I feel ya jon. Im glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I personally think this forum sucks when I log on and see the same questions that were asked yesterday as brand new posts. I would rather keep discussing the same couple issues from the day before than answer the same questions over and over.

and honestly you can tell who has searched and who hasn't cause the very first line is. "I tried search but the search completely sucks" I can at least have sympathy for those people cause they are right.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes

there is a big problem
    sous chef can delete the same question
    example
    Q1:how to make new actor?
    Q2: HELP!!! how do you add an actor
    delete one question because it is useless
    calvin9403 said:
    there is a big problem
    sous chef can delete the same question
    example
    Q1:how to make new actor?
    Q2: HELP!!! how do you add an actor
    delete one question because it is useless

??

@jon Check your PM please
    tenrdrmer said:
    ??

@jon Check your PM please

what dose ?? means
    tshirtbooth said:
    tenrdrmer, i agree with you however it can be approached differently.

If someone asked how do i Make an actor.
    Rather then just say why not try and search before posting.

YOu could tell them how to make a new actor and then say also if your ever looking for a quick answer searching the forum may help.

Its just a little nicer.

cheers

Your right there is definitely a nicer way. but jon is the only completely consistent sous-chef at moding and I really only see you and QS doing some moding other than jon. we have a ton of sous-chefs. it seems they all need to pitch in and maybe one person doing the majority of the work wouldn't turn into one person burnt out on moding in general and coming across wrong with his comment s because of the way he says it.

If the deal really was you guys mod the forum and we'll let you beta test our new builds then the guys not being moderators need to be dropped from beta testing.
  • OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
    On my second day I got 450 sales (free app) but now it's mostly 5-10 sales a day.
    tenrdrmer said:
    Your right there is definitely a nicer way. but jon is the only completely consistent sous-chef at moding and I really only see you and QS doing some moding other than jon. we have a ton of sous-chefs. it seems they all need to pitch in and maybe one person doing the majority of the work wouldn't turn into one person burnt out on moding in general and coming across wrong with his comment s because of the way he says it.

If the deal really was you guys mod the forum and we'll let you beta test our new builds then the guys not being moderators need to be dropped from beta testing.

so jon ,TSB and QS is doing all the job
    maybe tenrdrmer should be a sous chef

what will happen if I become a sous chef? lol
    tshirtbooth said:
    Its not that we dont mod the forums. Its that we dont feel that a new user needs to be scolded like that. We dont want there first impression of us to be that. We want them to feel at home here.

I was a new user 2 months ago
    tenrdrmer answered my first question, that question has been ask b4 too

anyway, this is off the topic
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    calvin9403 said:
    so jon ,TSB and QS is doing all the job
    maybe tenrdrmer should be a sous chef

what will happen if I become a sous chef? lol

Pigs would fly.
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    I got to say, when I came, I felt only acceptance and kindness. Then again, I didn't discover the forums until I was relatively well situated with the software. I have to agree with Tshirtbooth that getting mad at people over not using a search function on a website they're unfamiliar with doesn't make sense. It's different if a long time member asks a question that was just asked by someone else, but new members might not even know there is a search function. I feel like maybe there should be a video or something talking about the forum rules and guidelines that you're shown when you make a new account. Right now, the only way to learn is to read the yellow post about it that could easily be overlooked, or to learn by messing up and having this happen. Yeah. Anyway, I think monitoring the forums is important, but doing it on a no tolerance, no warning level doesn't work. It's hard to remember that just cause you've seen tons of repeat topics, new members haven't. It's like how a screenplay might add too much plot to their movie due to the long amount of time spent writing it, forgetting that the viewer only won't know that secret for 15 minutes of the movie: not the month spent writing it. Very specific analogy, I know. Anyway, that's all I have to say for now.

Asymptoteell
    DreamLab said:
    Pigs would fly.

NO, SHEEP WILL FLY
    DreamLab said:
    Pigs would fly.

hurtful much.
    calvin9403 said:
    NO, SHEEP WILL FLY

wtf? haha. you didn't get it. but oh well.
    Asymptoteell said:
    hurtful much.

I thought it was a bit funny. I didn't intend on that to be hurtful. Its just he just joined not to long ago. you gotta really earn that spot. haha.
    Don't worry, Dreamlab. You were clearly joking. Sorry if I offended you by saying it was hurtful. I actually can't stand when people take my jokes too seriously.
    Asymptoteell
    DreamLab said:
    I thought it was a bit funny. I didn't intend on that to be hurtful. Its just he just joined not to long ago. you gotta really earn that spot. haha.

I know what it means

will I guess I will never be a sous chef
    calvin9403 said:
    I know what it means

will I guess I will never be a sous chef

not true. its just that you are new. it was a joke. please dont take it far. I am new too. I dont plan on ever being a sous chef for a long time.
    Calvin, make great apps and help out other devs. That's all it takes. You could be a sous chef. You've just got to work at it a bit.
    Asymptoteell
    DreamLab said:
    not true. its just that you are new. it was a joke. please dont take it far. I am new too. I dont plan on ever being a sous chef for a long time.

I am new, just join 60 days ago
    I am pretty active now
    Asymptoteell said:
    Calvin, make great apps and help out other devs. That's all it takes. You could be a sous chef. You've just got to work at it a bit.
    Asymptoteell

make great apps
    doing right now

helping others
    doing right know too
    this thread is waaaaay off topic.

I'll work on making sure when I ask people to search to be nicer, I don't mean to make people feel unwelcome. as everyone knows, it is impossible to convey attitude through text.

but it would be nice to have more people chip in.
    jonmulcahy said:
    this thread is waaaaay off topic.

I'll work on making sure when I ask people to search to be nicer, I don't mean to make people feel unwelcome. as everyone knows, it is impossible to convey attitude through text.

but it would be nice to have more people chip in.

not to put it off topic again, put I remember the first time I got a bad impression on you. it was when I opened a thread to practice posting pics. you closed it (I wasnt as used to the closing). and I got mad. I am way past that, but i was knew and it did give me a bad impression. Now I realize, your just doing your job. You do keep this forum cleaned up pretty well. In a way, I kinda appreciate what you do.
    DreamLab said:
    not to put it off topic again, put I remember the first time I got a bad impression on you. it was when I opened a thread to practice posting pics. you closed it (I wasnt as used to the closing). and I got mad. I am way past that, but i was knew and it did give me a bad impression. Now I realize, your just doing your job. You do keep this forum cleaned up pretty well. In a way, I kinda appreciate what you do.

so do I
    even my threads always get close by you
    we really should have more sous chef
    Jon.

If you like to Mod. then might I suggest Moding the search engine. I type in 50 different keywords and phrases to most of my queries. And 9/10 times the 30 posts that pop up from said search are NOWHERE related to what Im trying to find out. You are preaching about a tool that isnt completely usless..... but yeah its pretty usless. SO please stop putting the search engine here on such a high pedestal. 8/10 The Topic Title lets you know if the question inside is going to be a repeat. Save yourself alot of frustration and just pass that topic on by and scroll your mouse further down the screen.

And I also just noticed. Your the first person who commented on this topics question. And that comment is what threw this topics subject wayyyy off.
    And I want to know who are the 3 people who are getting over 500 downloads a day.