Anybody else love Mass Effect?

bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
They just published a great article on it in Game Informer. This is by far my favorite video game series of all time. I have fond childhood memories of playing Mega Man, good teen ones of playing Call Of Duty, but by and large this series is mot enjoyable to me.

Wondered if anybody loves it too?

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    My favorite is a tose up between Assassins Creed series and the Call of duty Modern Warfare Series. But really since I have started using Game Salad I have played maybe a two weeks of PS3 total.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    I hear you. I used to be a call of duty addict. Ever since MW I played most nights out of the week. Then I started developing and I have got on my consoles like 5 or 6 times in the past two months. Never thought the day would come lol
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    The atmosphere, story and music in mass effect are great. I wouldn't mind if they had more story and less (repetitive) action for the next one.

Jade Empire (same developers) on xbox1 was really good too.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    It looks like a good game i've been considering giving it a go.
    But yeah since I started GS i've hardly touched my 360 except to entertain guests.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Eh, I thought the 1st ME was terrible. The combat was slow and clunky. Every area of the game world was really closed off and isolated with exception to the Citadel. The planets you could visit were uninspired and had effing space monkeys on them (not kidding, they really did). I thought the story had some merit to it, but the actual game part of it was not all that great.

That's the problem with BioWare games though isn't it? You spend more time having conversations with people and developing the story that way rather than organically developing the story as you play the actual game.

I had the same issue with Dragon Age, the combat was uninspired, you spent significantly more time chatting with people than actually playing and the game world was really closed off.

When it comes to RPG's like this, I tend to prefer Bethesda's games. I feel that Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 do a much better job balancing the gameplay elements and the RPG elements than BioWare does, and their game worlds are wide open and free to explore. BioWare certainly has much better voice acting in their games, but that's because that's what a majority of their games rely on, right?

.............and now I'll shut up haha
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I love Mass Effect! Especially Mass Effect 2. I think the Modern Warfare series is an abomination and is taking a toll on the gaming industry in all the wrong ways.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    I can certainly see where you are coming from Dizko. I guess I just like that part of the gameplay...especially your decisions carrying over. Anytime Im not shooting hoops, working on gamesalad, or eating I am looking up more info for mass effect 3. If anyone is interested, the magazine Game Informer ran a 10 page cover story on it as I mentioned in my OP but it is available on the net now. It is shaping up to look like quite a conclusion to the trilogy.

And even though COD may be destroying the industry, I dont see it stopping anytime soon...but I guess that is another conversation in itself. One that seems to have two VERY sharply opinionated sides lol
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089