Preferance? Doodle-art or varied?

jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
I am in the process of choosing the graphics for my physics game app (similar to Doodle Destroy). I'm trying to decide between two options:

1. I make graphics similar to the ones in Doodle Destroy--that is, cartoony/crayon type art.

2. I use TONS of different art from Clker.com--and have different art on every level. For instance, my actors, and backgrounds change images on every level.

Ideas? If the gameplay is similar to Doodle Destroy (which it is) I might be seen as a copycat. However, if my art changes on every level, people might not like it as much (or they might like it more)...

Comments

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Doodle art was popular for a while. Its really up to you. I like cartoony art like angry birds. BUT do NOT use all kinds of different types of art in your game. it just makes it look bad imo
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Whatever you choose to do make it consistent across the game, as dreamlab said mixed art styles always looks terrible
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    The only way you could do mixed styles is if one transitioned into the next like 8 bit-16bit-2d-3d or something, but doing mixed art for no reason will look hacky.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    OK. That answers my question! I figured more work (different graphics) = better game. Maybe I just need better work...
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Doodle style is overdone now. I was never a huge fan of it anyway but now
    It seems to have lost it's popularity.

Ace
  • cwbh10cwbh10 Member Posts: 52
    Wow, all have the same exact votes