Multi Language game

adrianeraldoadrianeraldo Member Posts: 9
Hello guys.
I have finished my first draft of a children´s interactive book and I´d like to know how would you publish in different languages.

Do you need to upload to different stores? For example let's say my book is in Spanish only, where should I upload it?
I only know English and Spanish but who knows in the future.
Thanks for your replies.
Adrian

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I've been wondering about localizations for a while now but have never gotten an answer. Apple lets you do localizations but I don't think its a separate binary altogether so if game salad doesn't support some way of have multiple apps in one basically I don't think you can actually do it with game Salad. I personally would love to hear from someone who has submitted a localized app with xcode before. How does that all work? is there settings you have to have within the app to load different languages or what? or is it actually different binaries for each localization?

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Project Help from Tenrdrmer Click Here

GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • mikkelkroijermikkelkroijer Member Posts: 3
    Did anybody figure out how this localization works, and would someone tell how to make an language attribute that looks for system os, and change graphics/scene based on that?
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I don't think you can look at the system os, so I would do a start up screen with the language options that saves to an attribute that is in turn saved and recalled. This would then offer up localised text/narration and be checked at the next opening to give that language and jump the language selection scene directly into the book/game, but might be available to change in a sub menu scene like the audio adjustment.

hope that helps.

kipper