More Free Music from Scoreless Music

scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
I just found and uploaded a compilation of instrumental tracks that I recorded more than 10 years ago. They are unrehearsed, completely spontaneous creations on a (then) new Yamaha Clavinova that I just bought.

Tracks are under Creative Commons. Feel free to use them if you like and do let me know if you do!

EDIT: Please be prepared for the rawness and some tonal mistakes. :)

Comments

• DalleZDalleZ Member Posts: 85
    The tracks are very beautiful and I would love to use a couple of em for my game. A couple of questions tho do I have to give you credit somehow? And is it allowed to make it play with some thunder and rain in the background?

I did Google the license, but it Said I had to follow the rules you've set for the files, so thats why i ask :)

Cheers
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Dear Joash,

Really nice tracks. I listened to all of them as well as tracks from 'The Book of Legends'. All good. Currently I am working on a project with a rather different mood so can't take up your generous offer but I have bookmarked the page and will be in contact if something comes up that would work with your tracks.

Perhaps you would tell if you do commissioned tracks, what sort of instrumentation is possible, styles you like to work in, and at what sort of cost/terms?

Thank you

Kipper
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback! Actually, I'm rather free and easy with the actual license and use. Generally, I'm not expecting to make any money out of these so don't worry as there won't be any lawyer's letter in your mailboxes if you use away. It'll just be a nice thing if you could let me know and also (but I'm not strict about it) mention it in your credits. One of the reasons for mentioning it is so that others might be clued in to them and perhaps find some uses for themselves, which would be great.

I'm just happy that these tracks are getting some actual use and won't be relegated to never reach anyone's ears due to it not being 'open-sourced'.
    DalleZ said:
    The tracks are very beautiful and I would love to use a couple of em for my game. A couple of questions tho do I have to give you credit somehow? And is it allowed to make it play with some thunder and rain in the background?

I did Google the license, but it Said I had to follow the rules you've set for the files, so thats why i ask :)

Cheers

Go right ahead and layer any audio you want with it, even creating your own mixtracks if you'd like with other songs, if they fit. :)
    old_kipper said:
    Dear Joash,

Really nice tracks. I listened to all of them as well as tracks from 'The Book of Legends'. All good. Currently I am working on a project with a rather different mood so can't take up your generous offer but I have bookmarked the page and will be in contact if something comes up that would work with your tracks.

Perhaps you would tell if you do commissioned tracks, what sort of instrumentation is possible, styles you like to work in, and at what sort of cost/terms?

Thank you

Kipper

To be quite honest, I still don't really think very much of my ability to compose and arrange. I'd be quite scared to take commissions as I won't want to over-promise and under-deliver. I would love to be able to try if I do have time, but right now my twin girls (coming to a year old) are my chief occupation. :)
  • DalleZDalleZ Member Posts: 85
    Hi Joash

you can see what I've used one of your tracks for, just press the link :)

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=21801

Cheers
    Thanks for the heads-up, DalleZ!
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    Would it be possible for me to use one of the book of legends songs? Thanks
    Oops... have been busy, sorry for the late reply. Please go ahead and use anything that fits your projects. :)
  • BlackbirdStudiosBlackbirdStudios Member Posts: 493
    scorelessmusic said:
    I just found and uploaded a compilation of instrumental tracks that I recorded more than 10 years ago. They are unrehearsed, completely spontaneous creations on a (then) new Yamaha Clavinova that I just bought.

Tracks are under Creative Commons. Feel free to use them if you like and do let me know if you do!

EDIT: Please be prepared for the rawness and some tonal mistakes. :)

These are such beautiful pieces of art. You are incredible, you should get back into this.
    Thanks for the encouragement, BlackbirdStudios! I do hope I might be able to, someday. :) I'm working now on helping others be able to easily make music with the apps I'm developing.