version 0.7.0 woes

TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I started writing my new game as soon as 0.7.0 became available. It did not randomly crash like 0.6.3 so thought all my woes would be over.

Today, I get the following problem which I am not able to resolve or find a work around and has completely stopped developement of my new game.

I created, actors, added images and dropped them to the scene. All working fine until today.

Now, I am not able to drag any images to the scene actors to change their image. The only way I can update an actor image is to delete it from the scene and then take an actor from the panel and drop it to the scene. This means all custom rules for the scene actors will be lost.

I am not able to double click any actor in the scene to edit the actor custom settings. Clearly something bad has happened internally to the project file.

Deleteing all gamesalad prefs/cache and redownloading installing made no difference. Running disk utility to check filesystem was fine.

Gamesalad really needs a project analysis tool to detect and repair any internal problems it creates.

Anyone else facing this problem?

Comments

• gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    There still seems to be a number of bugs in GS. I ran across one where when I place an actor on stage my screen (play area) goes black hiding everything. I have to pull out the actor and rebuild it to make it work. Very strange. Also a friend of mine has seen a lot of corruption problems with GS...he lost a lot of work. He tries to save and make back ups often and still sees corruption in files. I am finding the longer I work in the program it still slows down (spinning beach ball) even when opening actors with very small rules. Once I save and restart the program it is fine for awhile and then slows down again.

Just my 2 cents.

Greg
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    double check that actor that you place in the scene that makes everything go black. There could be something wrong in your rules like an empty behavior, or a referenced attribute that no longer exists.