How to make those images...

paulofuertespaulofuertes Member Posts: 24
After searching over all youtube, google, and maybe here, I still couldnt find an answer to my question.

First of all, I am new, maybe just started like 2 days ago (reading ofc)

I just wanted to know,how does people make those images, textures for they games, those "HD" images. What I mean is, like all ipad games have the exact/same design. If you compare angry birds, fruit ninja, gravity guy, etc., the "design", like, a little bright, big boulders outside, etc... is the same. What program they use to make this?

Sorry if you couldnt understand, not easy to say what I mean :\

Comments

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    making art for your game- I use Adobe illustrator cs5 and adobe photoshop cs5. You just need to manipulate the software to make your art.

HD- HD only means Ipad. Sometimes for the mac. But its just a larger picture. thats all. Nothing special about it .
  • paulofuertespaulofuertes Member Posts: 24
    Alright.

I knew about the HD is for iPad but I didnt knew how to explain it, haha!.
    I will now start to use illustrator to see if I can make something cool.

Thanks DreamLab ;)
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    paulofuertes said:
    Alright.

I knew about the HD is for iPad but I didnt knew how to explain it, haha!.
    I will now start to use illustrator to see if I can make something cool.

Thanks DreamLab ;)

no problem. If you need any help with illustrator, just pm me.
  • stevethornstevethorn Member Posts: 35
    Yep, you'll see that many people use vector art for their games because they easily scale to any size you need without loss or pixelation.
  • diamond000diamond000 Member Posts: 32
    i use flash for all my art. you are right vector is scalable, but it can still look fussy if you scale it down to far then convert it to png. i try not to scale down lower then 64,64 pixels.