Art not working. HELP!!!

dz5jn9dz5jn9 Member Posts: 5
Need help with simple art interaction. My problem is that i'm trying to save my art. I'm just drawing a simple line, like a small hill. And in my game I have a ball which I want to roll down the hill (line that I drew) but, when I save it and import it into GS, it registers as an entire BLOCK. Not a simple drawn line. I have the image drawn with a transparent background. I thought that would resolve the issue but it hasn't. I flattend and merged down the image and that still hasn't worked. I also "magic wand" and "select pixel" only and nothing. Please help, I just want my actor to roll down the lines I draw. I'm using Sumo Paint as my art editor. Can't afford Illustrator yet.

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Nothing is wrong with your art, as of now GS will only do circular and rectangular collisions. Your collision is probably set to rectangular so that's why theres a huge box around it.

What you can do though, is make a bunch of invisible collidable actors along the lines of the hill.
  • dz5jn9dz5jn9 Member Posts: 5
    If that's the case, how can I set my art to "circular"?
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    Go to the attributes of the actor/prototype (on the left) and scroll to collision type under physics - circular.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    it in the physics section of the attributes but I doubt you will like those results either. What you want to do is place small invisible actors so that the edge is in line with your hill image. that will be the best bet to get what you are looking for.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Project Help from Tenrdrmer Click Here

GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    You can change the collision shape in the actor. But think about it, circular wont be too much of a help either because now you will just have a huge circle around your image. Polygon and irregular collisions are next fall according to the GS roadmap.
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    I think he was going to make small circular invisible actors under his lines like you suggested .. although the art isn't working.

jus messing :P

It sucks when you first learn this, hopefully will change in the future.
  • qewrqewr Member Posts: 54
    CAN ANYONE explain to me how to make a transparent backround? Need help rly bad D:
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    to make an image with transparency you must not flatten the image. Merge the layers you want to be seen into one but not as a background layer. If you have a background layer, bin it. Then save as a 24bit png and you should be able to import it and have the transparency recognised. This runs true for photoshop and sumo paint.

hope this helps

kipper