Some good news for those fed up of others playing the system! :D

quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Yay:)

Loved this comment:
    "This should allow higher quality apps to rise up. If i wanted junk free apps, I could always buy an Android phone."
  • AddictiveGamesAddictiveGames Member Posts: 105
    I"m looking forward to Android publishing. Theres a false motion that nobody with an Android phone will pay for apps which is stupid and untru. Android needs good games which is good news for us.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Great News

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Project Help from Tenrdrmer Click Here

GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    Menu #4 - Level Banners HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    AddictiveGames said:
    I"m looking forward to Android publishing. Theres a false motion that nobody with an Android phone will pay for apps which is stupid and untru. Android needs good games which is good news for us.

This really has nothing to do with Android.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Great news there QS!

Ace
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    Awesome, I love Ban Hammers!

But I had to choose wont somebody think of the children! It was too funny, haha
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Users should download an app because they want the app on their machine. I don't care how much money is in it, I wouldn't feel right incentivizing them downloading my app with any incentive besides it's entertainment/usefullness.
  • greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
    Have a few apps in development with content able to be unlocked through tapjoy. Personally I think PPI (Pay Per Install) is a great revenue stream for developers and a great option for users of apps that don't want to spend money. If they have the option to pay for the additional content or to get it for free by downloading some other apps, it gives the user more choices. Also, I have discovered some cool apps by downloading them for free currency for other games. The ones I don't like I delete.

Its also an effective way to get your game in front of eyes if you want to spend money paying for installs of your app on devices. More effective than banner ads and reviews. I do agree that good quality apps should rise to the top, but lets be honest, getting noticed is an uphill battle, the more options the better.

I was looking forward to this feature in GameSalad (I hope to actually find the time to do some of my GameSalad ideas in the next few months). I think that a lot of GameSalad users could really benefit from PPI services if it is still possible to use them once/if GS implements it.

Looks like I'm in the minority though. Hopefully I can take the heat :-)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Bring on the heat! (joking!).

I think it's a low way of getting apps that are most likely not doing well further up the charts than they deserve to be.

Additionally, putting games in front of me I have no interest in to further my progress in a game I *am* interested in seems low.

I had an interesting discussion with someone recently about in-app purchases. It went along the lines of:
    Them: "You could sell better weapons to people in-game."
    Me: "But that would give people with money an unfair advantage"
    Them: "So?"
    Me: "..."

It just seems wrong.

As does downloading something you don't want, just to get at more content in the game you do want, so that these shitty games can rise up the ranks.

If you think about it, it affects everyone here in that it skews the charts. And, in turn, your chances of rising up them.

Anyway, I'm glad Apple's aiming at these people and taking them down. Make a good, engaging game, yell about it, and people will play. Don't try and make a living scamming or tricking people. It's just not right, is it?

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Just my opinion, I NEVER go for in-app purchases. I HATE paying extra for a game that I already bought. I don't think any game is worth paying the same amount for points as you did the game. Its just stupid. (to me)

and QS (or anyone really), Is it still bad to pay people or sites to review your app? For example, crazymikesapps. Or is there focus on Tapjoy and things like that?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    THANK gawd they're finally seeing the light. Now if they can stop accepting Copyrighted material in the app store, and take responsibility for all the Bieber apps and other Copyrighted stuff that appears everyday, it would be a much better world, in the app store that is ;)

Unfortunately, in app purchasing isn't limited to iOS games, console games have been selling extra crap, gouging consumers long before this started. I miss the good ol' days in gaming where you bought a cartridge or disc, and everyone has the same game with the same content.
    http://venturebeat.com/2011/04/19/tapjoy-says-apple-has-banned-lucrative-pay-per-install-apps/

http://www.apple-iphone.net/uncategorized/apple-to-shut-down-“pay-per-install”-campaigns-or-join-them.html

Another few interesting articles on this, and one of them made a great point: Is Apple cracking down because it's "unfair" to other devs, or because they don't get a cut of the profits?
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Probably they want a cut, much like how they don't allow apps to offer subscriptions systems payed without in-app purchase.

butterbean said:
    THANK gawd they're finally seeing the light. Now if they can stop accepting Copyrighted material in the app store, and take responsibility for all the Bieber apps and other Copyrighted stuff that appears everyday, it would be a much better world, in the app store that is ;)

Unfortunately, in app purchasing isn't limited to iOS games, console games have been selling extra crap, gouging consumers long before this started. I miss the good ol' days in gaming where you bought a cartridge or disc, and everyone has the same game with the same content.

Hey take it easy on the Bieber apps, please!

:)
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    scitunes said:
    Hey take it easy on the Bieber apps, please!

OMG haha. Tbh, I STILL haven't updated that game. It still says zombieber dash. haha. Its like a collectors edition!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    DreamLab said:
    OMG haha. Tbh, I STILL haven't updated that game. It still says zombieber dash. haha. Its like a collectors edition!

Nice!
    @Scitunes: Oh yours was more of a parody app, and you weren't using copyrighted material! I have no problem with Parody apps, just annoyed with people ripping copyrighted material off and creating apps with it.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    butterbean said:
    @Scitunes: Oh yours was more of a parody app, and you weren't using copyrighted material! I have no problem with Parody apps, just annoyed with people ripping copyrighted material off and creating apps with it.

No Worries! I was just messing with you!

• GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Are they talking about those online games that when you download other game from the same developer then gives you free credit to use?
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    GLGames said:
    Are they talking about those online games that when you download other game from the same developer then gives you free credit to use?

Iphone/ipad apps. Say there is a farming game, sometimes game like those say "if you download (insert app name here)" you will get 5000 farm coins

like that (i think...lol)

Game making service- http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=21739
    Sketch to vector service- http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=21820
    Duck Hunt template- http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=21824