Accelerometer crashes iPhone Viewer almost constantly!

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Every single game I create will crash in the iPhone Viewer if I rotate the game to standard orientation: (x: 0, y: -1, z: 0) it also crashes if I rotate to upside down (x: 0, y: 1, z:0) sometimes even when rotated only 45 degrees. Sometimes it crashes if I just shake the phone around.

It seems to crash more often if the game is more complex. But I have tested with a very simple "debugger" app with only a single actor and a single scene and no images or sound that only displays the x,y,z orientation of the accelerometers and it still crashes that app too. :(

It does seem that every now and then I get "lucky" and the app won't crash, but that's rare, 9 times out of 10 I can make it crash by just tilting the phone around at extreme angles quickly

Additionally, some games that it's crashing on don't even read the accelerometer data and yet they still crash on tilt.

Please help! :(

edit: I just noticed that it only seems to crash if I run the game without being connected to GameSalad, i.e. from the "Recent Games" list in the Viewer. If I run the game in preview mode from GameSalad I don't think it is crashing, but I haven't tested it enough yet as I just discovered this. Either way, it still shouldn't crash when running disconnected from GameSalad.

edit2: after further testing it seems that it won't crash so long as I am running the game connected to the GameSalad Creator. But if I ever try to run the game from the "Recent Games" list in the GS Viewer it will always crash if I turn the iPhone to extreme angles rapidly. This means that I can't hand my prototype to any friends and say "hey, try this" because it will always crash if I am not connected to the GS Creator.

OSX 10.6.2, XCode: 3.2.1, iPhone SDK: 3.1.2

iPhone 3G 8GB