help! profile doesnt match the application identifier

iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
hey guys, i am trying to build my app on xcode, when i go to Target info page and try to change Any iphone Os Device to Distribution it is not allowing me to select it and its saying the profile does not match the application identifier (com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer). Does anybody have any idea what this is and how it can be resolved. Thnks very much for your helps

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Did you download and install your provisioning profile?

Once you do that, then you go to info.playlist and change the "com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer" to whatever the name is in your provisioning profile

To download and install your provisioning profile, go into Apple's developer connection and make sure you either created one and/or downloaded it.

A way to check is to drag and drop the provisioning profile "file" into xcode, and it will show up with an expiration date

Then when you go into code signing, and select "Any iphone device" you click next to that, and it should show your provisioning profile

From there go to info.playlist and change it to the com.xxx.xxx from your provisioning profile

Trust me, this process is a "P.I.A" but once you do it a few times, then it's second nature.
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    should i change the bundle identifier in info.plist, and change it to the application indentifier or to profile identifier with all the number and letters of the provision profile section. I changed it to both of them but id didnt still work, was there something else i needed to do.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    when you change the info.playlist identifier, don't include the numbers or digits, just start with com.xxx.xxx

So if it's 34829762abc.com.gag.puke

Just include com.gag.puke