Game developer Advertising?

SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
Does anyone know where I can advertise this?

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=21739

Comments

• SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Thanks!

And has anyone had any success using these sites, for this purpose?
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Whats a good way to promote on craigslist?
    I'm not sure. I just want be sure I'm targeting people that already have an apple developer account.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    No offense man but those places are different then the gamesalaf forum. You need alot of skill to offer to make games on freelance sites and such, as well as a portfolio and a couple apps in the AppStore under your name already. Trust me I do alot of freelance
    All right. Im not in the middle of a project right now, so I thought I'd try to advertise :)

What do you do?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Well most of my freelance work is in code, simply because gs can't do all the things clients will want. Before yiu even start youll need pro, no ones gonna pay for a app to be made and have a mandatory splash screen. But besides that the first thing people will ask is if you have apps in the AppStore. You should have at least 3. As well as references. Also I have a portfolio of images and summaries of different work I've done, as well as a power point presentation on my work from
    college.

I should also mention the fact that alot of clients will want you to sign a contract, and if your not 18 you can't even legally sign it

Again I'm not trying to bring you down, you just need to know that real freelance development work I's alot different then the way people are hired here and what goes on on the forum.