Developing on a PowerPC, then exporting to an Intel-based Mac?

BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Can GameSalad run on a PowerPC CPU?

I have an iMac at home, but I want to develop on-the-go, and the thought of shelling out at least another $1000 USD for a MacBook isn't all that appealing, and GameSalad Creator is not yet available for Windows.

But I have a friend and there are also a bunch of posts on CraigsList and eBay that are looking to unload old iBooks for much less.

I understand that I'll eventually need GameSalad running on an Intel-based Mac with Xcode for building to the iPhone, but can all or most of the preliminary development be done on a secondary G5 machine?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    i don't think it'll work. the system specs for Game Salad state Intel.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    With GS being so easy and quick to work with I have found that for most of my games I spend most of my time working on graphics in photoshop and audio in various multitrack editors. Working with GS is usually the easy and quick part. So you could certainly work on the sounds and images on a non-intel machine (hell, you could do it on a pc - AHHH the horror!) and load them into your GS project on your iMac when you are not on the road. Don't think GS creator will work on the a non-intel mac, though.