Collidable actor

iboneibone Member Posts: 13
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

is there any way that I can create an actor that is collidable, but not with instances of itself?

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    can you kind of explain what you mean a bit more?
  • iboneibone Member Posts: 13
    i want to create an actor than can collide with certain objects, ie. walls but if there are several instances of this same actor, i do not want it to collide with versions of itself.

for examle

a car, is collidable and is in collidable group 1
    walls are collidable and also collidable group 1
    I want the car to collide with these walls. I do not want the car to collide with other instances of this car.
  • danreldanrel Member Posts: 28
    ibone,

You should be able to just change the collision group number to '2' for the cars and have them collide with group '1'(walls). Set the cars so that they do not collide with group '2'(cars).

That should work. Let us know if that does the trick.

- danrel
    "Set the cars so that they do not collide with group '2'(cars)."

how do you set that?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Use the bounce behavior. In the actor for the cars, set their collision group attribute to 2. In the bounce behavior added to those actors, to collide with the other collision group with which you want to collide. On those other actor prototypes also include a bounce behavior to collide with group 2.

Its should work for now, but there are still some issues that we are working out.
    Thanks CodeMonkey, although this doesnt seem to work for me at the moment. I shall try someting else for the time being.