Amazed at a pathetic game making to the top

akashvirakashvir Member Posts: 42
Guys,

There is a game called "Grab the rope" on the appstore and it's on number 2 under free apps category today..
Man, it's such a pathetic game and all the reviews I saw were complaining about the game..Very bad controls.. I have no idea how did it make to the top of the appstore..

I was just thinking does the name of the game matters too.. Like it's called "Grab the rope" and is similar to "Cut the rope"..

It's astonishing to see such things and your comments would be really helpful in figuring out how does this happen..

Thanks..

Comments

• ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Well the game "Droppin' Balls" (good game) but the name is funny and makes u think of something else. I think lots of the sales for that are based of it's name.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Ya, having a good/catchy name definitely helps your chances on the App Store.

- Alex
  • akashvirakashvir Member Posts: 42
    Yup Droppin balls is doing really well and indeed it's a great game..

I had a thought that coz "Cut the rope" is already so popular and people might be just downloading "Grab the rope" thinking that it might be an awesome game too.. So basically the "Grab the rope" maker is riding on the popularity already gained by "Cut the rope" game..
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    That happens unfortunately... Burn the Rope, endless Doodle games.

Ace
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    How ever it being free makes it no risk of money to people seeing on the app store. It's no loss to them.
  • akashvirakashvir Member Posts: 42
    Yup, I agree with you Ozboybrian.. Thanks for your comments guys..