Blinking eye

fzeedfzeed Member Posts: 247
How many frames should i have to blink an eye? just an open frame and a closed frame? 8 frames?

Comments

• steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    well it depends on how fast a blink you want to make.. If you want to make a longer blink put 2 frames of closed per 4 opened and so on
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    A lot of animation just uses an open a shut, but if you want to slow the thing down you can add a frame or two on the opening. If you think about it, When we blink it is pretty snappy on the shut and slower on the opening.

If you are doing a lot of expressions and any lip-syncing I suggest you have a look at Magpie and Magpie pro. NOt only can you lipsync but also add blinks, smiles and eyebrow movement for expression. You can use the MP editor for reference but also export animation of complete faces doing the actions

http://www.thirdwishsoftware.com/magpiepro.html
  • fzeedfzeed Member Posts: 247
    Thanks. I will check that out. It sounds a little over kill for me though. Basically i have smiley characters, and i just want them to blink and maybe mouth expressions depending on what they are doing. Right now i have them blinking, but its in 10 frames and i'm using Illustrator so its a pain.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    instead of using an animtaion you can just have a timer every 4 seconds change image to the image of the eyes closed

then make a rule when attribute self image is (exact name of image).png, timer after .5 seconds run to completion checked, change image to image of the eyes open

you can even throw some random expression into the timers to randomize when he blinks

hope that helps