Crazy graphics

shaihaludshaihalud Member Posts: 34
Hey there all- just started using GameSalad, and while I can get most things, still have some problems with graphics-

I have an enemy that changes its graphic dependent on the direction it is traveling as an animation, but sometimes it stutters horribly between its natural state and movement state, so you can't tell what it is. Basically I have a rule that states when ( Attribute self.Motion.Linear Velocity.X > 0 ) and (" " .Y > 0) it triggers the new image, and otherwise it runs through all the other permutations, (X<0,Y>0), (X>0,Y<0), (X<0,Y<0) doesn't work for some reason so instead on all the "otherwise" sections it runs the default animations. I think the problem is that the enemy only moves on straight axises or something. It only happens when the sprite is nearing a stop though...any ideas?

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Do u have "return to normal state" checked?? (it's on the animation rule) if so uncheck it.
  • shaihaludshaihalud Member Posts: 34
    Already tossed that on all of them. Going to try another enemy sprite tomorrow and see what happens.
  • shaihaludshaihalud Member Posts: 34
    figured it out using a long string of if else, could probably compress it a little more.