What art would you like to see on the GS marketplace?

DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
I've been thinking about the upcoming GS marketplace the last days, and wondering what type of graphics pack is most wanted. So I'm hoping to get some feedback in this thread.

Heres some samples (including some of the sprites from Saucer 44, witch I wont be selling).

So, what do you guys/girls want me to focus on in the near future?

Comments

• kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    I'm not really a potential customer, but just saying I think the top left tanks are amazing and best part of this sheet.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    That sheep is the scariest, yet coolest thing I've ever seen :)

Ace
  • JaloxinJaloxin Member Posts: 51
    Yes we Would Like To See Some Funny Characters a Pack I mean Of that ... if you welling to Sale It ...

Thanks
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    characters, vehiculars, items pack would be nice.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    I would like to see some cartoonish type of art. Maybe some dark themed work as well.
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Exactly i wanted to ask this question.Cartoonish like graphics are i think really wanted.

Umm here i made something as a rough idea
  • JolandaJolanda Member Posts: 82
    I would like to see some cartoon animations step by step like walking or face expressions to drop in my animation box in GS.
    These graphics are hard to make and find for me.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Would anyone be interested in some freelance non-exclusive work (not available right now). I'll do projects the usual way, but for a low price (around 5$/hour). But when your project is released, the graphics goes on sale at the GS marketplace for others to buy. Quality graphics for an low price, but not exclusive to just your game. Any thoughts?
  • iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
    Yes and no-Yes because it is amazing art at a cheap price. No because people now have the rights to art from your game and can make games with it, people could think they stole it.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    iTouchGamer said:
    Yes and no-Yes because it is amazing art at a cheap price. No because people now have the rights to art from your game and can make games with it, people could think they stole it.

True, and I would of course prefer that people hire me for exclusive work (@ 40$/hour), but a lot of GS users cant afford rates like that. So just thinking of alternatives.
    It's a great offer but if I was to hire an artist, it would be to ask for something special and having another game with the same graphic set would be pretty weird.

However, for anyone in need of something more generic, it's a win/win situation.
  • BrynjeBamsenBrynjeBamsen Member Posts: 188
    How about making a military game pack.
    Tanks
    Helicopters
    Artillery
    Barbwire
    Mines
    Rocket-launchers
    Radars
    Command centers
    etc etc etc

Your half way there anyway
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I do my own art but would think that a pack of geometric based objects that could have a wide use and tie in with simple art styles that the less arty can manage. These might include menu items and icons, explosion sequences, some custom score numbers, colour ways of the different objects, and geometric players and enemies. Only a suggestion...

kipper
    Yeah, layout art packs would be really awesome.
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I have an announcement in 48hrs which should be useful!