Wide Graphics not Appearing Correctly

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

I have just started using GameSalad, great app by the way, hurry up and get the iPhone preview app out, haha. In my game, it requires having very wide graphics, well over 5000 pixels wide. This is so that it can keep moving for a good amount of time. My issue is that when I put my graphic into the game, I just get a white shape. The color from my original art has disappeared. Whats happened? How can I fix/avoid this? Thanks.

Comments

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    Hi kahanejosh,

i would try to use 5 tiles instead of one big image...

cheers
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Worked, thanks.
  • Vanny_ArtsVanny_Arts Member Posts: 16
    LOL well I don't own GameSalad yet, but it sounds like your graphics doesn't have any alpha channels or any masking. That is if you are getting the same shape as your graphics. By the way I've seen Yoshi put his graphics on the videos,,,, the graphics only needs alpha channels.MMMMmm just suggesting even though you have fix the problem. 5,000.00 pixels....
    very big stage. I have my stages at 480x8,000.00 hopefully GameSalad will push this stages.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Its not as much as a GameSalad issue but more of a hardware/iPhone limitation on the size of the images it can handle.
  • Vanny_ArtsVanny_Arts Member Posts: 16
    Well,, I just tested GameSalad engine,,,, well I though making tiles would be a solution for this problem,,,,, well that's only 50%
    GameSalad don't have a grid nether zoom tool????? what's up with that!!!! This make it hard to work with 16x16 pixels ect. ect..
    I CAN'T SEE where to set my objects.