How to revive a dead game?

GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
edited November -1 in Business and Marketing Theory
Hi guys,
my first game had no download after the first week of release till now.
I am still waiting for an update of the game with renewed graphics to be reviewed and approved. Meanwhile is there anyway to make my game noticeable again?

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Make it free for awhile, so that it posts on all the websites with the price change, and then put it back to paid, or market it on T.A
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Ok i set the game to be free till 9th May. Will see if it helps :P
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    You need a resurrection stone. Then you can take people back to life with your invisiblility cloak after killing them with your elder's sword.
    lolz... is that one of your RPGs in creation?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    No. That's the deathly hollows in harry potter.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    If marketing doesn't work change the name and rerelease it
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I hate to be the pessimistic prick as i'm sure you all know. :)

But i'm gonna go a different route with my advice. Take a step back and look at your game as a whole and ask yourself, is it actually a good game. What can you improve? and make it better.

If you believe its as good as it can be. Then let it go and move on to a new project. there is way to much competition on the app store to stay stuck on a failed project. Take what you have learned from this one and make a new better game. don't waste your time trying to weasel a couple extra sales out of a game that is likely not up to par with others. Start Fresh and make something better. I mean no offense by this its just my honest advice.

Im actually surprised Apple doesn't require and update or to pull the app after a period of no sales. That would be a really nice way to knock down some of the competition cause you are not going to keep producing update for 1 or 2 sales. meaning less apps on the app store.

Good luck man.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Project Help from Tenrdrmer Click Here

GS BubbleBall Template HERE!!
    Stacks Level Selection Template HERE!!
    Expanding Option Menu Template HERE!!
    Tenrdrmer's Menu # 3 HERE!!
    Menu #4 - Level Banners HERE!!
    AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
    I'm sure they dun remove old apps cos they can keep boasting that they have a million apps available in app store lolz.
  • wsdomainwsdomain Member Posts: 35
    With a good game update and a good marketing strategy.
    What are some free marketing strategies? I dun really have much to spend, free advert / promo will be good for me :)
  • wsdomainwsdomain Member Posts: 35
    Well you could always hire a Internet Marketing strategist, there are plenty of cheap ones out there. You can pm me if you are interested.
  • DuafoursevengamesDuafoursevengames Member Posts: 26
    I had say set up a poll and give a link to you game(free marketing)here.From the poll,you will probably know the answer whether to continue or not with this game.

regards