Petition!!! Need everyones voice on this!!

tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
I'm not the only one I'm sure but the user review process is a joke on apps.

I've been victim to this and also the end users himself.

How do we give a good review to an app? we log into itunes, find the app again, click through to the review page, then leave a rating or a review.

How do we leave a bad review or rating? We delete the app and it prompts us with the option to rate it.

Now the major problem with this is that if you're deleting the app, the chances are its because its crap, you don't like it, or something negative!! So answer this Apple, why would I delete something I like to use?! so i'm noticing that a lot of bad ratings are superseding good reviews because of this process.

I hardly know anyone that will go through the whole process to leave a good rating on an app, people don't care unless its made easy for them, and in my opinion its not easy to leave a good review or rating. and its far far too easy to leave a bad rating because we're prompted on delete!

I think this has to change, and it needs to change now! I suggest that once you've downloaded an app and opened it for the 3rd time, maybe even the 5th time you click it to play it it pops up saying do you want to rate this app???

If they say no, fine, but at least apple would be giving the customers who play and love our apps a chance to give us a fair rating!
Something like that, or maybe something similar, I don't think that is annoying to the customer. If they like your product then why not let others know about it without having to actually think to themselves "I like this app, think I'll go rate it" people don't work like that, people just want to do they're own thing and you can see that majority of apps these days have medium ratings, very rare is there a constant high rating on an app... simply because you can't make everyone happy and thats fine, some people hate the best games in the world cos its not "their thing" but why is it not as easy to rate a product that you keep rather than delete because its a pile of crap!

So please, everyone start commenting to support this move, I am going to put this out on developer forums and get as much of a petition going that maybe apple will listen. They've done it before and I think its only fair to listen to us all. We all work too hard to let our hard work go to waste at the hands of the few that delete and badly rate our apps and the people who like it who just don't care enough to leave us some higher star ratings.

Comments

• giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    good point ,man!
    we work hard on our apps and our effort is binned.
    there are more chances of a person deleting the application and giving a low rating rather than go on itunes rate and comment it!
    what they should do is after you open and close the app 5-6 times they are prompted to leave a review/rating.
    ... good speech :)
  • tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
    Hey man, thanks very much. This has been something that has bugged me with any of my apps. Something has to change, there is no balance to the rating system.
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    agree
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    many people don't notice it but, for example me, before buying an app, they look at the ratings. obviously: if 20 people like the app but aren't bothered to rate it isn't a problem.
    the problem is when 10 people who dislike it and delete the app, rating it (maybe also without knowing what it is or what they are doing).
    i doubt apple will listen to us anyway :(
    :)
    worth a try though mate, this system is good but it doesn't employ a fair option the other way around. i think its cool that it asks you to rate something when deleting, but It would only be fair to allow us to rate if we keep it too without going through all the channels.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I agree that something needs to be done. good ideas here. Until the system changes (I agree it needs to) it would probably be wise to put a line in your update comments that "positive ratings and reviews are what keep the updates and improvements coming at no additional cost - so if you like getting improvements leave a positive review so they'll keep coming." This is what doodle jump does on nearly every update and their updates always have new additions to the game rather than just bug fixes. This is one of the few ways to reach customers after they have bought our apps.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    i buy many apps that i think are good apps but turns out i dont need them after all, so i delete them. doesn't mean they were bad apps and i do give them stars accordingly but maybe im the rare
    Sorry, this needed a bump.

I hate bumping.

But also, I got finger physics today! genius wee game, but after a while of playing it.
    I got a pop up alert! saying "Would you like to rate this game?" (yes or no)
    Clicked yes and it went to the review page on itunes. Ideal!!!

I take it the developers done this themself? it would be a nice feature to add to our games in my opinion.