Bug???? Non moving actors not recognizing collisions

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have an actor that I constrained to game.playerX+600. This actor moves along in front of my player and when it collides with things just off screen it acts like a trigger so that things are not moving until just before you see them. I have a similar actor that follows behind my player and "turns off" the moving actors. I have been having fits trying to figure out why it is not working and here is what I have discovered:

I set the leading and following actors to nonmoving so that gravity would not pull them down. They still move along horizontally so I thought everything was cool. But the moving actors were never triggered. Then I checked the movable attribute in the leading and following actors and constrained their Y positions to where I wanted them and everything is triggering like you would expect it. It is as if non moving actors are ignored by other actors. Maybe this is how it should be - saves memory perhaps? But I wish I had known this 2 hrs ago when I started working on this issue!

So if you are using an invisible actor as a trigger (using collision /overlapping rules) make sure it is set to movable.