Danger Cats! updated on GameSalad.com

firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hey,

Just wanted to mention that I posted an update to Danger Cats! in the web games section:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/30122

Here's what's new:

The game now keeps track of the levels that you complete.
You can complete them in any order.
Completed levels are marked with a star on the level select screens.

There is now a Congratulations! screen when you complete all the levels.

The game now keeps track of all the user settings like music volume, sfx volume, and the animated background toggle.

Replaced the default GS fonts with custom fonts throughout.

Added a "Cat Stats" screen which keeps track of how long the player has played the game, how many levels have been completed, and how many cats have been lost.

Added a "reset all stats" button which will clear all of the stats, as well as all of the levels completed.

Some minor little tweaks here and there as well.

That's about it. Nothing too amazing, just some more polishing that I wanted to do before the next update.

I welcome all feedback!

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    Wow! That's impressive! Love the custom font. It really looks good.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Nice updates! I am like you and want it done right but I start to wonder with a wonderful title like Danger Cats as it was before your update, would it be better to get another decent game out to maximize profits? Then once you are comfortable, add more niceties to them? Mainly thinking out loud.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Hey thanks,

@rebump: Yeah, I just wanted to get the saving stuff in, as well as a congratulations screen, before I release the next update of the game. These updates only took me a day to implement, so not too much of a time investment. I'm planning on releasing a new version of Danger Cats! tomorrow with 20 more levels, as well as a LITE version. See how that does.

I am working on a new game as well - was going to enter it into the MacWorld competition - and I wanted to iron out all the saving stuff for that game also.

Joe
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    How did you replace the GS fonts?! Is this only possible on the web version?
    Or did you only do it on the numbers, using 'someone's' (sorry 'someone!!') trick for using custom images in place of the numbers?
    PS, I bought it, and showed a friend over Xmas, and he bought it too! Hope it's doing well so far, it really deserves to.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @slowboy: Thanks for the support!

For the fonts, yes just the numbers.
    Each digit is a separate .png image.

I made a demo a little while back showing how to do that:
    http://gamesalad.com/game/play/31065

The rest of the fonts are not dynamic either, just static images done in Photoshop.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Oh! that means that you are 'Someone'!! Yeah, thanks for that, I saved it a couple of weeks back for future reference ;]
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Great job Firemaple! This is definitely one of my favorite games of the bunch!