Question About Graphics

deldel12deldel12 Member Posts: 4
When I make a character/actor, and import the image and place it for a specific actor, there will be the image with a white square on it when I put it into a scene/level. How do I make it so there is no background?

Comments

• SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    deldel12 said:
    When I make a character/actor, and import the image and place it for a specific actor, there will be the image with a white square on it when I put it into a scene/level. How do I make it so there is no background?

Is your image supposed to have transparency? Only PNGs can be transparent. If you made the image in Photoshop, try exporting it as a PNG.

Game Making Service
    Sketch to Vector Service
    "Power Orb" Style Template
    Targeting System Template
  • deldel12deldel12 Member Posts: 4
    SkyMaple said:
    Is your image supposed to have transparency? Only PNGs can be transparent. If you made the image in Photoshop, try exporting it as a PNG.

Game Making Service
    Sketch to Vector Service
    "Power Orb" Style Template
    Targeting System Template

No im using paintbrush mac version of paint, and exporting as a png. I dident mess with any of the settings, but the space when you drag and drop it behind is white, and shows up on each level.
    so that each character has a backround, looks reallly bad.
    Ok I thought it would be something like that, thanks a bucnh and I got photoshop 09 hopefully its mac compatible.

And affordibility isent really a problem, more lack of skill
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Another option, cheap (shareware with timer or 38.95$)is Graphic Converter.
    I have used this a long time ago and found it again recently.
    Perfect little app for batching images as well.
    The interface is something to get used to.

http://www.lemkesoft.com/
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    You can do this easily in Preview, too. Use the select tool set on instant alpha. Select the white background (click it and drag mouse a tiny bit) and then press commandshift-i to inverse selection and press crop.