Resizing iPhone > iPad

AldoAldo Member Posts: 53
Hi!
I made a game for iPhone, and I want to transform it to iPad version.
Are there any tricks, to only resize/increase actor?
For example, a man who is 32x32 in the iphone, will be 64x64 in the iPad. (when I change the 'target platform and orientation'(in home))

Aldo

Comments

• WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Have you seen the gs project resizer

http://www.deepblueapps.com/Deep_Blue_Ideas_Ltd./GS_Resizer.html

it resizes a project from any platform to another getting rid of most of the work

Cheers, Weswog
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    I was under the impression it was just going to be exporting to ipad instead of iphone through gamesalad..does the camera size etc have to change? tweak the expressions and rules. i wonder if there are any guides if one wanted to do it manually
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    I'm a bit confused. Doesn't retina independence handle this? If you don't want higher resolution sprites, the game is just gonna scale so you don't need to scale every actors right?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    when going to ipad size it only adjust placement and actor sizes. you will still have to go through your expressions and check for everything ot be adjusted properly. it will still save you hours of work regardless and is very worth it.
  • sephirothnzsephirothnz Member Posts: 7
    sorry to drag up old topic but if you plan on releasing a game on both ipad and iphone is it just best to build the game for ipad then use this resizer thing to scale down to iphone/ipod touch? i wont be using vectorized backgrounds...