will APPLE accept games with more than 10MB?

beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
I was going to buy iTGB but when I tested the new version of GS I wanted to give it a ty. And I am really liking the plataform....it´s very very easy to make games with gamesalad.

But I have a question here:

I´d like to know if my game ( a beaultiful game ) overpasses the limit of 10MB will apple accept it or will it be rejected for it´s size?

I also wanted to ask this one:

The 99 dollars GameSalad program has no limitation to develop unlimited games to the iphone right?

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    they will accept it.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    can be as big as you want.

BUT, it can only be bought from a computer or from an iphone/itouch using WIFI not 3g or edge if it is over 10mb. So If your game is going to be close to 10mb it is worth it to trim it down so you can reach more people through 3g.
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    I´d like to know if my game ( a beaultiful game ) overpasses the limit of 10MB will apple accept it or will it be rejected for it´s size?
    ANSWER: you can have the game any size you like but , as scitunes said, people can only download apps under 10mb directly from the iphones.

The 99 dollars GameSalad program has no limitation to develop unlimited games to the iphone right?
    ANSWER: Yes,you have no limitations... you can publish 1 billion applications and no one will stop u!
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    yeah, i think MYST is 4 or 5 GIGABYTES...

The 10MB is actually AT&T (in the US) restricting the size.

You cannot download a game larger than 10MB over their 3G network.

The file size can be whatever you want over wifi.

It's just something to consider that if your app is over 10MB, the person cannot download your game on the train, or at the supermarket, or waiting in the doctor's office.... If they like it, they'll have to wait until they get back home to download it - if they remember to do so...
  • GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    Myst for the iPhone OS is about 700 mb.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Just go to the app store see what is popular and look at the size.
    I alway find its good to see what the "norm" is by researching what everyone else is doing. :)

I for one have never not downloaded something because it was large. I
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    It's true. If it's good, people will download it, regardless of size.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Yea. I was trying to keep mine under 10mb. But it's probably gonna be about 15-20 after all is said and done with...