Settings Menu Graphics

VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
Hey,

What do you guys think about my settings menu.

I'm not sure but it doesn't look right to me somehow.
http://gallery.me.com/victor96/100191/SettingsMenu/web.png?ver=12630251200001

Should I change it?

Thanks

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    looks good,but try to make the colors of the settings a bit different. like a more reddish orange.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Not seeing second pic but on the first pic the orange blends too much with the gray. Perhaps a white or lite outline around the orange. Orange and green work together but the red and orange are too similar on the color spectrum. Nice layout though.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Cool menu, What does everyone here use for their art etc?

I use photoshop but i'm not very good at it.

Im going out later so just wondering if there is anything i could buy for drawing, editing etc?
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    As a graphic designer I use Photoshop day in day out and there is nothing it can't do, so you will not find anything better, but you might find another application that is stripped down and simplified that may make it easier for you to use.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I use photoshop all the time, but I just got my dad pixelmator for christmas as he likes working with digital photos but he is a bit timid with new computer stuff. Pixelmator does a lot of what photoshop can do and it is around $50 and is easier to use.
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    As I'm not a spriter I just make games

For the menu buttons and text and other HUD stuff I use ArtText which is a great program to simply make great looking graphics.
    If I need to do anything with pixel art I use Pixen which is also great.

I recommend these programs to everyone
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Gimp and inkscape are open source (free)
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Deluxe Paint II

No, not really, but I do miss those days! You could make a neat "sore flesh" font real easy with that one.

Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro are both pretty good.

Layers, vector based images, and adjustable threshold magic wand selection are your friend!!!