Please Answer

iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
Im almost done with my game on gamesalad but its boering because i dont have any music. im scared to get music from the internet because of copyright issues. I dont know what i have to do.. Please HElp...Thanks.....

Comments

• eliehangeliehang Member, PRO Posts: 105
    you can buy royalty free music. You have to pay for them but they're pretty decent. There some links on the wiki or you can just google it.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Have you thought about trying garageband in ilife? you could at least use that for beats.
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    ilife coast 80 bucks though..i just need something where i can make simple beats..
    you have an intel based mac with at least 1gig of ram and it didn't come with iLife? I thought they all did.

My favorite iphone app of all time is called beatmaker. It is amazingly powerful and easy to use AFTER the learning curve (read the manual!). You do not need to be a musician to make awesome beats. I think it is $20. I recorded an entire album with it and I loved the way it turned out (www.scitunes.com/music if you want to hear what it can do. every song at the site has a drum track made entirely in beatmaker). I think there are other beat making apps that are cheaper though I highly recommed just paying the $20 and sitting down with the manual. It comes loaded with a bunch of sounds many of which would work well for games.

You could also check out the wiki, I think it is under resources
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    okay..i bought beatmaker..so i can transfer the beats i made on beatmaker onto my computer to put it on my game...also can i use the sounds that are preinstalled on ilife..i clicked on ilife and random sounds appeared..would it be copyright to use those
    everything you make in beatmaker will be fine. Google search "royalty free music files" or "royalty free beats." The single drum hits are often called "one shots" so you can look for those. Then you can import them into beatmaker (study that tutorial on their website!)