Bug or Broken Project? - Display Text Not working in project

QiZGeimzQiZGeimz Member Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have what is at this point a simple project with a few objects - one of which displays text.
Any of the objects already in the project can display text fine. But now any new objects I add do not display text. Other projects I have do not have this issue. What could be causing this?

Comments

• QiZGeimzQiZGeimz Member Posts: 4
    Update: If I add a second copy of the actor that will not display text, the first copy of the actor does display but the second does not. If I add a third copy, the first two do and the third does not...
    Weird.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Yeah, I have seen "Display Text" work strangely too. I assign a variable(s) to be display for the actor using the "Display Text" and sometimes the value remains constant despite knowing the value is changing based on the actor's behavior occuring and wouldn't occur unless the variable(s) in question was/were changing.

I wonder if there is some problem with the storage structure the rules/groups/behaviors are in for an actor as I have seen other issues that are just plain out-of-the-blue illogical. These include a final "Move To" that will not occur no matter what but I move the coordinates away about 5 pixels and it then occurs every time like it should, "move to" commands not repeating despite having logic in place to ensure they do and then other times with the same logic but a few less values to deal with the movements repeat, some behavior values reverting back to a previous value used in it (no confusion between actor prototype and instance either).