Seamless loop?

BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
Hey i've been having some trouble with getting the background music to loop seamlessly. Is there some kind of way to fix this? it loops seamlessly in garageband and itunes so I know that the problem is with GS.

Comments

• DanBosleyDanBosley Member Posts: 28
    Are your music loops in MP3? MP3 files tend to have the smallest gaps ever right at the beginning and at the end of the file, causing them to not loop seamlessly.
    You can get round it by exporting your loop from garageband as a .wav, which will be seamless, but will cost a little bit on file size.

I don't know if there is a function in GS to start the loop that slip second early, but that's the best way I can think of for now.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I would open the file in audacity and check that you have no space in the file and also check that the waveform is at zero front and back. If is isn't then zoom in and use a really short fade in or out to make sure it does. I think itunes plays each song with a very slight fade front and back automatically which helps with looping and avoids clicks. The cleaning up in Audacity will hopefully sort this in GS.

hope this helps

kipper
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    when you export from garageband it usually adds a few seconds of silent to the end of the file. Either open it up in a wav editor and trim it back, or make sure you have that yellow loop area on and adjusted to the right size before you export (i think i read that also works)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    jonmulcahy said:
    ...or make sure you have that yellow loop area on and adjusted to the right size before you export (i think i read that also works)

Just to confirm that that works and is the preferable method as you get the exact track/loop length you want.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Also make sure you're importing as Music and not a Sound, for whatever reason I've experienced issues trying to loop sounds, but music loops perfectly.

Best format is .wav in my experience.