Still reading GS forum even though my wife is in labour...is that wrong?

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited November -1 in Introductions
Good morning GS people.

I've now been up since 2.30 this morning. Where my wife woke me up with a cup of tea telling me we should probably phone the midwifes at hospital. Been to hospital with my pregnant wife and after a couple of hours to check that everything was good. Now back home waiting for contractions to get stronger.

Realized I need to kill some time so back working on GameSalad.

Plus my wife is there messaging away on her BabyCentre forum so I figured I'd do the same on here.

Baby wasn't due till the 30th of January, so a bit of an early surprise. But just got into the 37 weeks period which is 'A' ok.

Anyway, expect some baby influenced apps some time soon. Especially if I get some spare time during my paternity leave.

Any suggestions for names? (joke names welcome)

Comments

• JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Hi Draper3000,

Is this your first baby? If so the only thing I can advise is get some sleep while you can, and forget having any spare time for the next 15+ years ha ha!

Good luck and look forward to seeing your baby apps! :-)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    first baby....yep....
  • tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
    of course its not wrong! I often come on here to drown out the sound of my missus.

Not the same thing but yes, good luck with the wee baby and congrats to you both.

Peace out home slice haha :D
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    It's going to be a long wait, and better get all the GS'ing in now because there will be no time with a new baby. All the best on the delivery, time to explore making kids games perhaps?

The drugs help as does the prostaglanden gel to hurry things along.

It's an exciting time!
    still at home....still waiting....my other half is currently bouncing on her birth ball, whilst we consider watching a film....comedy or horror....

Also, my Boss called round to pickup the animation work I've been doing so he can pass it on to a freelancer. Also he wanted to see us in 'operation labour chaos'. He stayed for a cuppa and played my first 'GameSalad' game, 'Penguin Fish Rain'.

Bring on the drugs, I'm hoping to sneak a bit of Gas and air....
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    This has officially made my day ^_^
    Congrats from the GameSalad team!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Hope it all went well! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Success....

I'm now the proud father of a perfectly healthy beautiful girl named 'Phoebe Grace' and she weighed 8lbs 9 ounces. And it only took over 48 hours from when the waters broken....

now home for my first night sleep before heading back into hospital tomorrow. Everyone is chilled and great....

Thought I'd better reply especially after officially maker superNES's day. :-)

Right its nearly midnight on Wednesday and I need some sleep, as I've not slept since 6am on Tuesday morning. And only got a few hours the previous two nights...not that I'm bragging.

Have however achieved a new personal best on Doodle Jump....amazing what you can do when your not using contraction timer apps.
  • micahmicah Member Posts: 85
    Congradulations draper3000!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Congrats, sir, to you and yours! :)

Great name for your daughter btw - be sure to mention her in the credits of anything you make, or there'll be hell to pay in about 16 years!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    congrats!!!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! :)