Question for those of you who own companies

osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
edited November -1 in Business and Marketing Theory
Hey everyone,

We have just started our own company to develop iOS applications! However, we are looking into what software to purchase/download for accounting purposes, but are unsure what to get. Be aware that we will have a CPA to handle all the tax stuff, but we need a simple to use piece of software to manage our income and expenses. I guess the true purpose for this software is to provide our accountant with everything she will need to do our taxes. So for those of you who own your own app making company, what software do you use for this purpose? Thanks.

- Alex
_________________________________________________________________________________

PDL Productions

Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
Mac Mini For SALE!!!

Comments

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Hello cowboy,

You have two inexpensive choices (probably more) which are Simply Accounting and/or Quick Books.
    This kind of software will not do statements but I am not sure how that is done in the US so hopefully, someone will be able to be of more assistance.

Good luck,
    X
    ...............................................................................................................
    dot com domains at bargain bin prices - http://dotcombin.com
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Quick books is typically the way to go. Or you can do it by hand with a pen and paper. (Sometimes, simple is better, trust me).
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    osucowboy18 said:
    So for those of you who own your own app making company, what software do you use for this purpose?

iWork: Numbers

I just chuck the data into a spread sheet.
    If only pen and paper would draw pretty graphs on a dailie, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual basis :-)
    Oooops .... Sorry about the double post. Two for one day was yesterday!
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks guys. We tried downloading quick books, but it has SOOOO many features we don't need and it got really bad reviews.

@xylo: we will check out Simply Accounting, thanks for the tip.

@uptimistik: I'll look into Xero as well.

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

PDL Productions

Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!