Date for publishing App.... How does everyone do this?

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
What if your app was accepted at say 10am tomorrow, would you put that date to publish it, or the next day?

From what I hear, as soon as you hear an app has been accepted, go in and put in the next day, that way it appears on the front page....

What is everyone else doing?

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    yeah, I wait for the email that says it's ready for sale, then I set it for the next day.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I set it for the same day. Seems to work ok *shrugs*

Although it's probably best to set it for the next day thinking about it - you get a full days exposure or something!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Okay, so as soon as my app is accepted, which I'm hoping it's today, I will rush in and set it for the next day before it launches.... thanks guys!

you can still send out promo codes for your app right? Even though the release day is not until the next day?
  • mooshoesmooshoes Member Posts: 3
    Holy cow the approval process was fast! I submitted mine on Sunday and it was just approved about an hour ago. I was expecting weeks and it took less than 48 hours. /me is impressed.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    What is the logic behind waiting? Why would you not want it up ASAP? I must be missing something.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    well sometimes you get the acceptance email later on in the day. mine came in at 6:00 pm the other day.

instead of just capturing the nighttime, i wanted to get a whole day in.
    (i.e, in the morning all the next days apps will be dumped on top of mine)
    I want to try to stay as long as possible on the first page.

although, the app store is global, wit hall different time zones, so maybe it doesn't matter