Which day of the week release, does it affect sales?

kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
edited November -1 in Business and Marketing Theory
From my experience releasing PC games, which probably applies even more to the app market, your game can get borrowed and forgotten pretty fast and releasing it on the weekend can get it to be played a lot more.

Do you think it's better to release on a friday than a monday and does it affect sales?

Also, I haven't released an app yet and I know it takes a while to get approved. Does apple let you choose the day of the release date?

Comments

• AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    I've heard thursday's the best day because it coincides right to give you a good chance of getting New and Noteworthy.
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    Wouldn't you want to release by wednesday, so that they can see it released on thursday?
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    kapser said:
    From my experience releasing PC games, which probably applies even more to the app market, your game can get borrowed and forgotten pretty fast and releasing it on the weekend can get it to be played a lot more.

Do you think it's better to release on a friday than a monday and does it affect sales?

Also, I haven't released an app yet and I know it takes a while to get approved. Does apple let you choose the day of the release date?

Yes, you can select the day in which you want it released. I chose June 1st for my game. Hopefully they approve it before then. If not, then it'll be released once they approve it. However, I could have selected June 15th or whatever future date I wanted.

No idea on the sales figures based on the day released...
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Ok thanks! 1st of a month sounds like a good timing.