Game ideas

iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
edited November -1 in Introductions
Anybody got ideas for a new game?

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Haha, well sadly I think most people would be sing their ideas for themselves and so won't be sharing them, which is fair enough. Sorry iDeveloperz, but there might be a couple of people who might do.

What i would do is look at successful genres and apps which are already out there and try and make variations and twist them for your own game. Now cut me down if Im wrong, but Im pretty sure thats how the game industry works, copy everyone else but change it so its yours, to be blunt haha. Its all the same but different, same kind of lines, like shoot everyone you see while running through levels, but give it your own twist, sci-fi or horror.

Hope you see where I am coming from, just use apps already out there for some inspiration, but just make sure you don't clone them completely! :) Thats key, make it your own.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Get to know GS and its capabilities and limitations (which you pretty much have but just stating for new folks like myself), look at what is available and what is popular (as kahanejosh states and what is best for making money if that is your angle), and then combine the knowledge of those two into new ideas.

Just learning what GS can do and learning new ways to do things has generated new ideas as well as new spins on current apps. I have numerous ideas in the queue...just wish my kids were old enough and talented enough to help with some of it! :-)
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    I guess I just need to learn how to use the accelerometer and how to make the scene bigger. Is there any gs books available?